Thursday, May 13, 2010

Trip to see Spencer

Pretty cute, huh!

Well, so much for getting caught up last week....
On April 23rd, Ainsley and I boarded a plane and headed to Everett to visit the new baby! I am so thankful for the children I have…..traveling was a breeze. Ainsley took care of her luggage and even entertained herself for a good part of the plane ride. Grandma Peggy met us at the Bellingham airport and took us to Liha’s. It was a nice treat to see her again :o). We got there pretty close to bed time (Allegiant only has one flight a day and for $18 one way and $38 the other, I couldn’t complain) and I knew it was going to be a late night. Ainsley and Maggie were very excited to see each other and went off to play right away. I held the baby for awhile and then Ainsley wanted to hold the baby. We video-conferenced Reggie and Ryan, so they could be part of it too. The girls were going to do a sleepover, but that didn’t work out, so Ainsley slept with me. She woke up bright and early the next morning and looked at me and said with a smile, “Thanks for sleeping with me mommy.” She thought that was pretty cool...what a cutie!!! I had no idea what time it was, so I laid there for a little while and then decided to get up and take a shower. I looked at my phone and it was only 6:45, OUCH!!! The girls were already busy playing. Spencer is a great baby….sleeps a lot and doesn’t mind having anyone and everyone hold him. Newborn are so small and so warm and they smell sooo good :o). When he was awake, he was already holding up his head and looking all around. We went to the Mukilteo garage sale for a bit and he just slept…I hope the honeymoon period is long!
We ate out at my favorite places, the Mongolian Grill and Taco Del Mar. I was a happy camper :o). My mom and dad stayed at Liha’s while we were there and Aunt Pam, Aunt Jeanne and Kirsten came for a visit, so it was one big party. I’m sure Liha and Wade were quite lonely after we all left (or quite relieved!). Ainsley and Maggie had a weekend of fun, dressing up as princesses, putting washable nail polish on (what a great invention!), dancing, playing babies, venturing out in the rain, braiding hair and holding the baby!!! I'm not sure Ainsley wore any of the clothes we brought :o).

Fun with Uncle Wade:


Spencer time:Fun with fingernail polish:Girls dancing to the Doodlebops:

We headed up to the lake Sunday night because it is a little closer to the airport and we had to arrive at 7:30. Too many early morning for me, but I survived. Ainsley was very excited to be at the lake and headed straight to the loft to say hello to all her babies :o). She had some good play time in the loft with grandma. I headed straight for the new kitchen. It is going to be soooo cool when it is finished. I don't see us spending much time in any other room!
It was a quick weekend, but was still nice to come home and Ainsley and Reggie were very happy to see each other. Reggie had a few more toys than when we left and I think he gained a couple pounds too! Ryan kept him busy, going to the movies, ice cream, Chuck E Cheese, tadpole hunting, a birthday party, McDonald’s, Taco Del Mar, Red Robin, etc. Let’s just say, they had a good time as well!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that dancing movie is great! it will be good 'blackmail' in the future...

loved the visit too.

love from grandma irene