Friday, October 15, 2010

Flying solo

Ryan has been gone to China since last Sat. and things are going surprisingly well. We have been really busy, so the days are passing quickly....I'll post about our corn picking adventure later. I had a lot of things I planned on getting done, but I'm pooped by the end of the day and usually don't sit down until 9. It will be sooo nice to have Ryan back home :o).
Ryan has been busy traveling to Singapore, Penang and now to Hong Kong. He's eaten all kids of new things and has been having stomach issues because of it! His favorite thing was a glass of West Melon juice (tasted like watermelon). He has been very impressed by the airlines there, one was called Silk and he said it was so nice; video games, movies, etc. And, he's had a hot meal on every flight and he isn't even flying that far! He is doing a bit of shopping this weekend with some locals (so he won't get ripped off), so we'll see what goodies he brings home. He got fitted for a custom cashmere/wool suit yesterday that cost $180 :o). There are a lot of people from Molex US that are there right now, so he's having a nice time catching up with old friends. He travels to a couple more sites and returns on Thursday, so it is a long trip. He'll have just adjusted to the 13 hour time change by the time he comes back, just to do it all over again :o(.
The kids got a new cold earlier in the week, so sleep was a bit of an issue, but I got one really good night with 7 hours straight and that recharged my batteries. On Monday, I had a bit of a stomach bug. Thankfully, the intense part passed in a couple hours...God knew mom couldn't be sick! I kept waiting for the kids to get it and thought we were out of the woods, but last night Ainsley was complaining of a stomach ache and threw up at about 8:45 last night and again at 12:00 and again at 2:30. I felt so bad for her because the last round was the dry heaves and that really hurts. She was up several times in between thinking she was going to throw up, but couldn't get it out. She ended up sleeping with me and it was a long, rough, night, but she woke up feeling much better. I'm not sure if it was the whole experience and the smell/lack of sleep, but I'm not feeling very well today. My bout earlier in the week was GI related, so I'm hoping this isn't a different bug. I'm also wondering if Reggie man is going to get it. I kept him home today, so we are having a nice relaxing time reading books, watching t.v. and doing crafts :o). I hope they decide they don't want to be sick a lot!


1 comment:

Monique said...

The kids are getting so big. They look great and it sounds like your fall is starting with lots of great things. Thanks for sharing!

Monique, Atticus and Tennyson