Monday, July 22, 2013

Happy 4th Birthday K!!!

Wow, 4…hard to believe it has been over 2 years since he first entered our lives.  He has come so far!  When I think back to the first time we went out to eat or when I took him to watch Ainsley’s dance, it makes me cringe a bit.  Having just recently gone to those places and seeing how different he is is amazing!  We still have some work to do, but we’ll get there!

We love K for lots of reasons:
He is thoughtful-I was getting sprect by bacon grease the other day and he went into my dresser and brought me a shirt (I was cooking on the BBQ wearing my swim suit). 
He is full of excitement  :o).


He is content-It doesn’t take much for him to be happy, a sucker, a sticker, etc.
 
He is grateful-grateful just to be part of our family.  He was excited to go on our trip this summer just because we were going as a family.
He is super smart and has a crazy memory-Reggie and Ainsley are even starting to notice that he makes some big connections for his age.
He loves life, loves to go new places and see new things :o).
He keeps us laughing (this can be a challenge because many times he doesn't like to be laughed at!).




He is happy to run errands with me!
He loves to help-I don't know too many 3 year olds who can put silverware away, take out the garbage, put clothes away, clean their rooms and actually ask if they can do it!
He is a cuddler-he loves to be held and give hugs.
Things we are still working on:
Control of his body, especially when excited or angry.
Control of his volume, especially when excited or angry.
Letting go and not controlling his situation (funny, he can’t control himself when he needs to).
Using kind words that don’t hurt people’s feelings.
Getting his urine in the toilet (we’ve come a long way with this and are almost there).

I pray that this is a big year for him and that the court will give him some long-term stability with us.  We had a conversation about middle names a few days ago and I told him his and he wasn’t too excited about it and I asked him if he could pick any middle name, what would it be…he said, “Wade…I want to be K Wade.”  I hope someday that will happen!

No comments: