Tuesday, November 19, 2013

K update

Well, we just keep getting bad news….everything has come to a screeching halt.  The appellate court issued a stay, so this was the worst case scenario in moving toward adoption.  Nothing will happen for several months and if all goes as it should the judge’s decision will be upheld and then we can work toward adoption.  A bonding study has also been requested which usually takes a year, but can’t be started until the appellate court rules.  Hopefully, the recommendation from the bonding study will be adoption, but if the judge goes in that direction it will be appealed and that process is one year, so we are a minimum of 3 years away from adoption, probably closer to 4!  I know it is confusing…many people have explained it to me and I finally get what is going on.  This system and process is something else :o(.
I have really been struggling lately with it lately, just wanting to be done with this mess, so your prayers are much appreciated.  I made an appeal to his dad, asking him to think about what is best for K.  He will start kindergarten next year and will be reminded daily that he is different than my kids.  I never understood the importance of him being adopted until this past year made it clear to me that he is very aware of the name issue and doesn’t like it.  To him it is more than that, for me, I am just happy that he won’t be leaving, but it has been very hard knowing that he wants something he’ll likely not get for a really long time.  Thankfully, he has a really good therapist and I feel good that we will be able to help him through all this confusion.  His dad made it clear that he will continue this fight (we can still pray for a miracle that he’ll change his mind!) and knowing that has made me accept this situation and with God’s grace, I am in a much better place than a few days ago!
In the meantime, we will continue to move forward and give him all that we have.  K is really enjoying having his own friends and activities…
He had his soccer team party a couple weeks ago and it was fun to see how far he’s come.  On a side note, it was the most ridiculous soccer party ever…..decorations were amazing, 
gifts for the kids were over the top and they even had a slide-show that we got a copy of! 
K at a birthday party 2 weekends ago:


The good news is he keeps us laughing….tonight at dinner we were all taking turns drawing on the whiteboard and guessing what we drew.  Ryan drew the Dyson tap and the next round, K says, “no more boring drawings dad!”  It is always a surprise what comes out of his little mouth.  He really is super sweet and I hope someday all his dreams come true!
I guess he was hot!

No comments: