Saturday, July 26, 2014

Happy Birthday Ryan!



Ryan took off his birthday from work Friday (the only day he took off this summer) and we had a really nice day, filled with activities.
We went geocaching (treasure hunting) that morning and found the 2nd and 3rd ones at the lake.  We went a few weeks ago to find the one Uncle Wade hid and had to get grandpa to help us!  We felt pretty good to be able to find the other 2 by ourselves.

We soaked up a little sun and then headed to see Chuck, the bee man.  He gave us a nice lesson on bees and showed us his two "hives".  The kids kept their distance since I got stung right when we got there!  I had forgotten how bad it hurts :o(.  Glad it was me and not them.  The bee man was a little shocked since they don't usually sting, but it landed on my foot and the dog went after it, so lucky me.  I was given an Epipen in 5th grade because they thought I was allergic and Reggie was very worried about me...what a sweet boy he is :o).  After our lesson, we went to his workshop and got to taste some honey.  It was minty and tasty.
 Suiting up


Honey!

We had a nice dinner after that and headed to Skagit Speedway to enjoy the sprint car races!  Ryan has been taking Reggie for the past couple years, but we were lucky enough to get tickets from Mike Shelley, so we all got to go.  It has been years since I've been there and I had forgotten how loud and fast they are.  It was a beautiful night and we had lots of exciting crashes and everyone had a great time despite the dirt/dust being thrown in our eyes.



 Grandma even captured the car in the background!
It was a really fun filled day and I'm glad we got to have a special day with Ryan.  He really is such a great husband and dad.  Reggie stole Ryan's hat and Ainsley ended up with his sunglasses...he would do anything to make his kids happy :o).  And even when he's tired, he'll play take out and help me with the mundane tasks around the house or rub my shoulders if I have a headache.  I am blessed to have him as my partner :o).

No comments: