Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Non-stop

In the midst of our crazy gymnastics saga, Reggie had a swim meet and K had several soccer games!  They are both improving and it is a lot of fun to watch.
We also managed to squeeze in the walk-a-thon/carnival at Rancho.  Reggie and K played games and did the climbing wall.  

Thankfully, Ryan hasn't traveled much because things overlap and I just can't make it everywhere we need to be (he is traveling this week and tonight we had soccer, our foster support group meeting and Ainsley's gym-had to skip soccer and leave the group early!).  I will just do the best I can.  I don't know how people have their kids in multiple sports!  Tomorrow isn't much better....gym, swimming, visit from the social worker and an appointment for Reggie's headaches at the Cranio-sacral office.  This schedule makes naps tough for K because there's just no time after school and having to pick up Ainsley at 7:30 pushes out bedtime for him and I am just hoping he can hang on until we can find a day to nap and catch up on some much needed sleep.
I have also been trying to figure out what to do with a couple of feral cats in our neighborhood.  Ainsley thinks she is the animal whisperer and decided to befriend one of them and we've been feeding it for a few weeks.  Now that he is comfortable with us, he is quite loving and very friendly.  He and Elsa play through the screen and I have been trying to find a cat shelter that will fix him up and give him shots.  Only 1 of the 5 places I have called is considering helping, but they are swamped.  It would be nice to be able to let him in, but without shots, there's no way that is happening.  Even though he is friendly to Elsa through the screen, I am not so sure what he would do face to face.  "Leo" has started bringing his brother around and he is a trouble maker.  We saw him in a cat fight this morning and he isn't nearly as friendly, although he is warming up too.  Yesterday, I opened up the door and the 2 of them came running.  I felt like the cat lady....

No comments: