Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Oakley house

I got a text on January 29th that asked what I wanted our renter to do with the house keys???  I was so confused, but after I thought about it, I realized they were moving out on Thursday!!!  Whoa....she sent me a text in October stating they would not renew their lease, but I took that to mean they would go month to month since they wanted to buy a house (and we had a discussion the prior year about month to month vs. signing a lease).  Apparently, that was not their intention, so let's just say we kicked it into high gear!  I guess it was a blessing in a way since we didn't stress about anything until we had to!  We went up there to assess the house on February 1st, made several trips to get it back in mint condition, although they left it pretty darn good.  They forgot to do a few things, so I gave them the opportunity to do them, which I was hoping they would do and they did, so that saved us a little time.  We had a few people drop in while we were getting the house ready and I made a trip up there to meet a family that wasn't able to make it to the open house on Saturday, the 9th and before the open house, we had two awesome possibilities.  We had so much interest from Zillow and Craigslist that I couldn't keep up with the responses (over 100!).  We were expecting a flood of people at the open house, but I guess when push comes to shove, people didn't want to make the effort to show up.  We did have lots of colorful people at the open house and many groups of people were planning to live together, hmmm.  I guess that is how people can afford to live here, kind of sad.  We also had a lot of single mothers which was also sad.  Everyone who came absolutely loved the house and they all signed up to fill out an application, probably 25 people in all.
It was very hard to make a decision, but we did and feel really good about who we chose and Ryan went up there to sign the lease with them on February 11th!  It was fast and furious and exhausting, so we are hoping to not have to go through this process again for a few years!!!

No comments: