Sunday, June 1, 2008

Vegas, baby!!!

As if we don't have enough going on, we hopped a plane to Vegas on Friday and got home tonight. It was our first time leaving both kids and things went very well. The grandparents took very good care of Reggie and Ainsley.

We stayed at the Worldmark Resort, which was a few miles off the strip. It was an amazing facility, 5 pools (one with a lazy river), 3 hot tubs, shuffleboard, basketball, ping pong and lots more....we were in heaven!! We weren't really jazzed about its location because the shuttle to the strip was only every hour and a half, but all I wanted to do there was relax, so I think it worked out better :o). However, all Ryan wanted to do was eat at the buffet's and since we were out in the middle of nowhere, that didn't work so well. We decided to head to the strip for our dinner on Friday and after a lot of walking, we ate a lot of food. We both felt sick from eating so much and my back was acting up, so I barely made it back to the bus, grrr. I had to stop for a break, so Ryan took that opportunity to play blackjack. He was doing well until I walked up-I am the worst for luck. So, I left and he walked away with an extra $35 :o).

We did a lot of lounging by the pool, watching t.v. anytime we felt like it and playing basketball and ping pong-Ryan kicked my butt, but I finally won one game before we left! We even went to the movies and saw Indiana Jones. We were very rested and refreshed and ready to come see the kiddos. They were very excited when we got home and we had a very nice evening running around with them. I'm glad we were able to do this before our lives turn chaotic with the move.

Thank you grandparents!!!!!!

It is hard to take pic's when it is just the 2 of you, but here's a few:





2 comments:

Boyd Family said...

Nice to see you got away just the two of you! Lucky you! It will be a while til we can do that again! It will be fun to check your blog regularly for updates. I put your link up too...hope you don't mind! Hope your move goes great!

Mark and Sarah said...

Hooray, so happy you're blogging! I'm excited to keep up with you guys through the web :) Your house looks great and your kids are the cutest. Hope to see you in August when you come back to visit...let us know when we can meet you at the lake.