Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Vacation

Well, our vacation started out a little rocky. I looked out the window the morning we were leaving and my right eye was sensitive to the light. I have a history of Iritis (inflammation of the Iris), but was hoping somehow I was wrong. Not so....as the day went on it got worse. Unfortunately, it is a pretty serious condition and needs immediate treatment. Being a Saturday in the middle of nowhere at Angels Camp, CA made that a bit difficult. Luckily, my Kirkland doctor called in the prescription and they filled it (many times they won't cross state lines). I was feeling better after the first steriod drop!
After getting that figured out, we had a wonderful time. There was a lot to explore in the little town. We went zip lining, horseback riding, visited the Big Trees State Park (which was 37 degrees!) and toured the Sutter Gold Mine. The gold mine tour was very educational and super interesting. We panned for gold and jewels and brought the kids home some treasures. It was so nice to stay up late and sleep in, not to mention having uninterrupted sleep!!! We stayed at the Worldmark, which had tennis courts, a basketball court and ping pong. We dualed and Ryan was limping most of the trip because of sore muscles and foot pain, but he managed to win most :o). We also went golfing on a great course and I think I had my best day ever!


Ryan ziplining!




2 comments:

Mark and Sarah said...

How cool that the two of you got to get away alone!!!!
You are such a cute couple...still! How many years together now!?! Still happy and together. I love it.

Tonya Doman said...

So glad the zip line didn't snap when Ryan was one tape! I didn't realize it bounced you so much at the end!! We wanted to do that last time we were in Maui and I was preggo so it didn't work!!!

Its so good to see you two out and about with out the littles! Pete and I are heading to Vegas Memorial Day weekend and I cannot wait!