Friday, May 1, 2009

Visitors in, visitors out

My parents were here 2 weeks ago and 4 days after they left, the Rinehardt family came for a week! It has been busy around here and I'm just now getting organized.
We had a very nice visit with my parents. We didn't do a whole lot because my dad's back is all out of whack and it looks like surgery might be his next option. It was nice to just hang out and visit. They were at it again in the yard (dad's bad back an all), weeding, clipping, raking....CRAZY!! The sad thing is that it has been so dry here, so we turned on the watering system and all the weeds are already growing back. The yard it extremely overwhelming and it is pretty small. I don't get it. Anyway, we're going to have to spray or put some mulch down to try to control all the weeds because I just can't keep up, nor do I want to! My parents were a little disappointed that we didn't have lounge chairs for sunning, so thanks to them, I went out and bought some! Even more of a reason to figure out a weed solution :o).
We made it to the park a couple times during their visit and mom and dad took them to the jelly belly factory. Turns out that wasn't such a good idea because it was spring break. Reggie and Ainsley were very patient waiting in line for an hour, but my dad was worse than a child!
We also had a fun bike ride on the trail with my dad (biking is about the only thing that doesn't hurt his back). It actually was a very stressful ride because I forgot Ainsley binkey and she screamed the entire time. It was a tough lesson, but 2 days later I forgot her binkey in the car and she handled it fine.

Easter fun....they patiently waited 3 days for these to "hatch"
Easter party at Reggie's school

Loving grandpa's shoes
Dad did his usual exploring and on an outing to get propane for the BBQ, he and Ryan came across the donut wheel. Let's just say we had our fair share of donuts while they were here. Mom made us a great early anniversary dinner and cake, which everyone thoroughly enjoyed! We had lots of great food, including fresh oranges off of our neighbors tree :o). Nothing better than a fresh orange. Dad was up on the ladder trying to reach over the fence to grab a few....no wonder he has back issues!!! We all had a lot of fun, ate great food and visited a lot. The kids are already talking about going to the lake this summer :o).
Think Reggie is excited for cake???

1 comment:

Mom/Grandma Irene said...

i just wnated to give credit where credit was due: Reggie and Ainsley decorated the cake all by themselves and did a dandy job!