Sunday, December 13, 2009

Last couple weeks

Reggie was student of the week a couple weeks ago and had a different activity to do everyday and share with the class. We celebrated his birthday and he shared Oreo cookie dippers that all the kids have been talking about. The last day, he had to lead an activity. It was torture for him, but he did a good job showing the class how to make art by tracing your hand. Reggie’s party was last weekend and he invited his best friends– JD, Michael, Caleb, Jason K, Tommy and Colin. He was so excited to have his friends over, but I’m not sure having 7, 6 year olds, running around the house with light sabers was such a good idea. It was very loud for awhile, but they calmed down after going in the bounce house and got some energy out! It was a bit crazy, but Reggie had a wonderful time and enjoyed his party. He got a Lego garbage truck kit and put it together all by himself…I have to say, I am pretty impressed :o).
I can’t believe Reggie is 6….that sounds so old.

Go to http://www.arrtwade.blogspot.com/ to see video:

Funny story
Reggie has his Christmas program this week and I have been trying to find him some khaki pants at the thrift store and haven’t had much luck. I finally found some, along with a button up blue shirt and some nice brown shoes. I got them all washed and had him try everything on. He absolutely loved it! He said to me, “mommy, I look just like a dad….can I add these to my dress up box?”. To which I replied, “you can wear these clothes whenever you want!” It was pretty cute and this weekend he went to a birthday party and wore his grown up pants. I guess I might have to look for some more, since he seems to enjoy looking nice :o).
325,000 lights
We visited Deacon Dave’s house in Livermore last week and it was amazing…he had Christmas scenes, a huge Christmas village, the nativity, complete with doves, waterfalls and 325,000 lights! We all loved it and walked through it twice :o). Ryan is out of town tomorrow night and I’m going to load up the kids and drive around to look at all the lights. It is such a beautiful time of year and I’m excited to slow down and just enjoy it. I’ve started to get a little stressed about packing and getting everything done….we only have one week until we’re back home and there’s a lot going on between now and then!!!
Decorating our tree, 125 lights
Reggie and Ryan are at our 3rd birthday party of the weekend. We had Caleb’s yesterday, along with the Veggie Tales Christmas movie at church, Michael’s this morning at Chuckee Cheese and JD’s this afternoon at Party Palooza! We were only home for 10 minutes yesterday, so we’re looking forward to a quiet evening tonight with an early bed time.
Ainsley and Sam at Chuckee Cheese:

No comments: