Sunday, August 28, 2011

First day of school!!!

All I keep hearing from people is how tall Reggie got over the summer!


Well, the first day of school was on Tuesday and it didn’t start out so smoothly. I had everything packed and ready the night before and we were going to bike to avoid all the car traffic by biking (no buses here, so there’s a million parents dropping their kids). We were ready early which never happens in this household, but the kids were really excited. Reggie got on his bike and sure enough he had a flat tire. We just cleaned out the garage and so I told him to get his old bike, but those tires were low too. I decided to use Ryan’s new fancy bike pump and couldn’t get it hooked up (come to find out later that it is backwards), so then I turned on the air compressor. Reggie managed to force the air pump on, but it still didn’t work and then I couldn’t get it off. By this point, I’m fuming so I pulled the thing as hard as I could and the plug came out of the tire, so that bike was out. Then I fiddled some more with the air compressor to pump up the other bike tire and couldn’t get it to work (later found out that that is very sensitive). So, we loaded in the car and drove through the surrounding neighborhoods looking for a parking spot. Time was ticking and we would have had to walk 15 minutes based on how far cars were parked away. Reggie wanted to try one more place and thank God, we borrowed my mom’s parking angel and got a spot right by the back side of the school. We walked quickly and made it. I snapped a few pics and Reggie was off. He has the same teacher as last year, so he was excited and has already met some new friends. Usually, I don’t get to hear much about his day, but he was pretty talkative and very glad to see his buddies.
Ainsley’s kindergarten didn’t start until 11:45, so we went home for a bit and then headed back. She was so excited!!! Happy to see her best friends and her new teacher. She came home today and was teaching Khalif all about the calendar and the 2 points of listening? Homework doesn’t start for another week and a half, so we can all enjoy school until then :o). It will be interesting to see how that goes…
The schedule was crazy this week, with drop off and pick-up, assembly schedules, early dismissals. It is amazing someone didn't get left somewhere! My friend Laura and I carpool, so that really helps (2 trips to school instead of 4!). Reggie starts at 8:30 and gets out at 2:40 and Ainsley starts at 11:45 and is finished at 3:05.

Ryan was traveling again this year, so hopefully, next year he will be able to see them on the first day of school!


Happy to be sitting next to Naomi:

Mrs. Gomes:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, reggie and ainsley are really growing up fast! glad they're so nice and cute!!!

love, grandma irene