Wednesday, August 24, 2011

New Job!

Ryan has been looking for a job for a few months now and came across a position in Seattle in late June for a company he had worked with in the past. We have different views on moving, I feel like we just got settled and the timing just didn’t seem right to me, but he has wanted to move home for awhile. I think he wanted out so bad that he ignored me when I said not to even apply because how much harder would it be to say no if he were actually offered the job. I’m pretty sure he was thinking I’d change my mind. Well, forward 2 weeks and he was offered the position and we were butting heads pretty good. It was very stressful for all of us and we finally came out the other side in California. Ryan was so angry and disappointed, but God had a better plan! Forward 2 more weeks and he got a call from that same company because they had a job in the bay area. This time it all worked out! Had the Seattle job never happened, he wouldn’t have considered the job here (he probably never even would have known about it). So we can all breathe a little easier and hopefully, enjoy life at a slower pace!!!
His company did not take the news well and made him give a 4 week notice, so he doesn’t start for another 3 weeks, but he just got back from Chicago, doing a training for his new company, Avnet Memec. He has been getting lots of calls from people who are sad to see him go, but understand why he's leaving. This job is known within his company as the widow maker...hmmm. It is nice that he's so loved and I know he'll miss his good friends.
The cool thing about his new job is his territory is Seattle, Vancouver, BC and Portland, so he can work in the summer a bit and at Christmas, so we might get to go to Maui someday because he’ll have some vacation left! Or maybe a Cruise? He also doesn’t have to deal with China anymore, so no conference calls at night :o).
For this new position, Ryan had to buy a car, since he has to give back his company car, so we bought a Prius. I have been driving it and it is really fun, kind of a challenge to see how many miles to the gallon you can get, so I think he will enjoy it a lot :o). I’ve driven over 90 miles and still have a full tank of gas…I’m starting to think something might be wrong with the gas gauge!
We are so thrilled….the thought have having Ryan back is so exciting!!!

No comments: