Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Visit from the Wade's and Thanksgiving!

Wow what a flash and what a great time we had with my family. For the first time, both Dustin and Anthony came down with my Mom to visit us. And what better time than Thanksgiving. The trip started with me picking them up at the airport Wednesday night at midnight (who in the world booked that flight – oh wait it was me – Shoot)! It was great to see them. After hugs and a quick update we all hit the sack only to wake up early Thursday morning to put on the coffee and prep the bird for the oven. The kids we’re so excited to see Grandma and their Uncles. Although Ainsley was a little hesitant, she tends to get that way when new faces come around that she hasn’t seen in a while. She loved all the attention and finally came around and warmed up. Anyway, we got everything lined up and before I knew it Grandma Peggy had already given out gifts to the children that she had brought with her. Good thing is that they were books.
After getting organized in the kitchen, we moved onto the next project, THE CHRISTMAS LIGHTS! It has become a tradition (starting last year) to have my brothers come down during Thanksgiving and during their visit hang my Christmas lights. I get the lights out and act as a general contractor showing them where to hang them. All kidding aside it’s a big help to me and they do a great job! Thanks to my Bros… After we finished hanging the Xmas lights (only one trip to Wal-Mart as we had some burn outs) we headed into the house to get warm and to prime the stomach pump to prepare ourselves for a great meal.

Trina, Ainsley, and my Mom decided to make their own run to Wal-Mart to pick up some loose ends while we patiently waited by the turkey basting it every 45 minutes. Well of course they ran long and I was scrambling in the kitchen trying to get everything else ready like the mash potatoes, and vegetables. Thank God for Dustin. My man helped me pull the bird out of the oven drain the juices into the pot for the gravy, and started to carve that bad boy while I whipped up the potatoes, got the green beans ready and put the croissants in the oven along with the apple crisp. Of course, Trina and mom walk in just as everything is ready to go other than the gravy (mom whipped that up in minutes) and we sat down and KILLED IT!!! We all got our fill, hung out and watched some football. Later that night, Trina, Anthony and mom went to Black Friday at Walmart. They left at 9 and came home at 10:30 with nothing. A few years ago Trina went at 4 in the morning and didn’t get anything on the list, so I wasn’t too surprised. They were telling us all about how crazy it was with wall to wall people and finally spilled the beans that they got everything on the list! Losers!
Friday came fast and we planned a trip to Six Flags. What a beautiful setting and the weather although a little chilly was great. They had the park all decked out in Xmas stuff and they were singing Christmas carols when we arrived. At Six Flags we (Trina and I), along with my brothers, went on the Medusa (crazy ass rollercoaster with serious GForce and cork screws upside down turns). Needless to say my stomach was doing hoolahoops around my ass for a while there after, but I came around. We saw the Bengal tiger show along with the dolphin show, and last but surely not least, the sea lion show (which was very fun and festive). We ended up staying until 7PM which was pushing the kids’ bed time, so we had to scram as we had an hour drive ahead of us to get back home. One of the funniest moments as we were leaving the park was when we tried to get a family picture taken of all of us from a local worker. Trina kept asking the guy to take different angles, close shots to get the perfect picture and you could tell the guy was starting to get a little irritated. My brother flew off the handle and ran away with Ainsley as he couldn’t take it anymore. We all thought it was kind of funny. The kids had a ball riding on one ride with my brothers and it was just great to hang out with them.

We started out Saturday by celebrating Reggie’s early birthday and let him open his gifts so that he would be able to play with them throughout the day. The erector set was a hit as was the Ninjago, and Bionicles.

After that, I had planned a golf day with my brothers, so we headed to Dublin Ranch. But, before we could go we had to stop by my friend Eric’s house to borrow his clubs for Dustin to use. Well, after getting there, we decided to hit some balls prior to tee off. It only took 3 swings for Dustin to turn to me a say the driver that we borrowed was toast. Big man blew up my friends stick and he felt terrible. Needless to say, we still had a great time and golfed with a stranger named Chuck (old guy from Long Island). It was the first time that I can remember having an outing with just with my bros all alone and it was great! I enjoyed hanging out with them and heckling them on the course. The great thing was that I tied my brother Anthony with an 84 which is a big deal as Anthony is close to being a golf pro. Dustin wasn’t too far behind with an 89. Everyone shot the ball pretty well, but the greens we’re enormous and hilly. Trina, my mom and the kids hit a movie (Muppets) while we were gone and enjoyed their popcorn. After we got back we went to Sweet Tomatoes to celebrate Reggie’s birthday and my mom made him one of his favorite deserts (Lemon Lush). We closed the night watching my Cougs get killed by those bastard huskies (we fired our coach today so I’m happy) and called it a night. I had to drive my family to the airport Sunday morning to catch a 6:30AM flight. It was all good until I dropped them with 1 and a half hours until their flight and saw the security line out the door and down the side of the building. I didn’t think they were going to make it but they did just in the nick of time as they were boarding the plane when they got to the gate. All in all it was a fun action pack time that went fast. Funny story…. when my mom got back to SEATAC she forgot my advice that I gave her in writing down the parking location of her car, so they had to search from floors 4-8 before finally finding it and had some laughs during that time as mom almost peed her pants.
Word of the week “HE MURDERED THAT” (this references someone that has a black car that puts black rims on it which is called murdered).

No comments: