Monday, April 22, 2013

Fun weekend!

It was a busy weekend, but lots of fun :o).  Sat. evening was Rancho's school fundraiser.  It was Vegas themed with gambling and bidding on auction items and raffle drawings.  We didn't win any raffle items, but bid on a party pack and got that for Ainsley's birthday.  So, she and 4 friends will be having a good time at Parti Palooza and Menchie's and it was only $80!  We also got 5 tickets for miniature golf at Boomer's, so I think we'll be doing that soon :o).  We had a great time visiting with friends and dancing a bit....the night went quick and we were booted out at 10, so we decided to have a little treat at the Nestle cafe-there's nothing better than a chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven :o).  I was a little bit worried I would get a headache because every time I drink, which isn't very often, I get a headache-super annoying!  Wine and Tequila are not good for me, but I think Vodka is the ticket.  I had a couple Mike's hard lemonades and I had no issues, which was good because we were up early the next day to head to the sheep shearing demonstration at Ardenwood Farms.
It was a bit of a drive, but well worth it.  Reggie was mesmerized when they were shearing.  They somehow get all the wool off in one big piece!  I could have watched it all day too, but Ainsley wanted to go because she was worried they were getting hurt (they are a bit rough with them).  We saw how they spin the wool to make thread and got a little education on cleaning wool and the history of clothes making.  We also saw a dog herding the sheep...it was a powerful visual and I paralleled it to a mom and her children.  So, I have already referenced a few times that I am the dog and they are the sheep!!!  It was one of the more interesting activities we have gone too.  The kids were more interested in the Peacocks and baby goats though.  There was also an elderly gentleman who was playing guitar and singing kids songs and K and Ainsley joined in the dancing and singing while Reggie was tracking a ladybug.  It was nice to do something a little different.



Later that day, I have no idea why, we went to the pool.  As if one activity isn't enough?  It was almost 90 here yesterday and since Ryan joined my gym, we now have a family plan that allows all of us to go.  We didn't realize this until I was signing him up and it has turned out to be such a great thing!  We now have an outdoor pool to go to whenever we want for only $40 more than I pay per month!  Plus, I can now take all the kids to the gym if Ryan is out of town.  I am pretty sure we'll get our moneys worth as it will likely be a weekly Sunday event.  We are still working to get K warmed up to being in the water, but I think he made really good progress.

With the warm weather has come allergies and for the first time Reggie has them.  He is pretty miserable sneezing a lot and itching his eyes.  I need to look into getting an eye drop because the Claritin doesn't seem to be working as well as I would like.  It is supposed to be in the 80's all week and we may even have to turn on the air conditioning!  Spring is definitely here and are fruit trees are going nuts, even the peach tree we just planted has over 25 peaches already :o).  The smell is so good and last night we had all the windows and doors open and there was such a sweet smell coming in from the lemon and orange trees.  I love this time of year and I love my family!

No comments: