Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Stomach flu

First week of summer and Reggie woke up with a stomach ache.  About an hour later, he tossed his cookies.  I sent the other 2 to VBS, but they called me at 11:30 and told me K was puking.  He was absolutely fine in the morning, so it came on very quick.  It seems with this particular bug that the older you are, the worse it is.  Reggie took a nap (he never ever naps!) and was pretty lethargic all day.  K was up and about, helping me pack his shoes and stopped to tell me he had to puke.  He ran to the bathroom and came out like nothing had happened!  We got it from the sitter and it took about 36 hours for the boys to get it, so I knew Ainsley was due Tuesday night if she caught it from the boys and sure enough, she started complaining of a stomach ache after dinner.  She was really happy once she started throwing up, so she must have felt REALLY bad.  She was a champ, puked in her bucket and brought us the bucket to clean out.  I heard someone else puking about 12:30 last night and it was Reggie.  He is a deep sleeper and didn't make it to the bathroom.  Luckily, I fed them the BRAT diet, so it was colorless and easy to clean up outside his door, except the smell has lingered.  He then made it to the bathroom, but decided to use the bathroom rug for his puke station.  It was a fun night...
Then, Ryan woke up this morning not feeling well, but went to work anyway.  He lasted until about lunch and then came home and crashed.  As of now, I am the lone survivor and I really hope it stays that way!!!!
It has to stay that way because I am still packing for our trip to Washington.  I have most of the major stuff done and I guess it was good that I was forced to stay home with the sick kids because I feel pretty organized and ready for the long haul.  That is if we get to go.  I got a call from the social worker tonight and K's dad is contesting our trip.  He has always given his blessing and I'm not really sure why he isn't this year, but the social worker was quite upset and worst case is we don't go or we go without K.  His lawyer is pretty confident that they are outside the window of when they can contest, but we should know in the next couple days.  Prayers are appreciated!!!

No comments: