Monday, June 23, 2014

We made it!

I woke up Thursday morning and didn't feel so well :o(.  Unfortunately, I didn't escape the bug.  Although by lunch time, I was hungry and trying to figure out if I should eat or not.  Thank the good Lord above my version of stomach bug was only a few hours!  God knew I couldn't handle any more than that.
We had the babysitter coming that night, so we could go to the fair to see Eddie Money in concert.  What a riot that was.  The people were there were overly intoxicated and Eddie himself looked a bit altered, staggering around on stage (maybe it is because he is 65!!!).  Nobody seemed to care that he wasn't really singing much....he let the crowd do that....there was even a guy in the audience who was air playing all of the instruments.  Let's just say that we laughed a whole lot :o).
Ryan when Eddie came back on stage to play his final song....it is blurry because he was moving around...you can see the pure joy on his face!

 We got news that night that the judge signed off on our trip, so we packed most of the day on Friday and were on the road at 5:45 Sat. morning.  The trip went very smooth, but we didn't beat our time, 14 1/2 hours seems to be the best we can do.  We rolled in at 8:15 and everyone was so excited!
Elsa found a nice cozy spot in the car (K would tell you he was looking down, but he was actually fast asleep!)
The apartment my parents built above the garage is awesome!!!  Dad worked so hard to get it to a place where we could stay there and it has been great.  Here's a view from the deck:
The kids spent all day playing with the cousins and neighbors and have been having a ball.  I ran the lake yesterday and it felt so good to be out and about!!!
Today is supposed to be the end of the sun for a bit and I am very glad I brought rainy day activities :o).

No comments: