Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Sleeping good at night

I am thankful that school is out tomorrow and we will finally be on the airplane Friday morning.  My brain hurts from trying to keep everything straight....visits with friends, teacher gifts, wrapping, packing, toffee making, the list goes on.
We decided to have a last minute birthday party for Reggie since he didn't really have one last year.  I told him there were no funds since he went to the Seahawk game, so it was basically a large play date.  I was cracking up....those kids take Pokemon VERY seriously!  I was hoping they would stick with that, but because it had been raining for a few day, the kids were ready to be outside and decided to play lightsaber and nerf guns.  There was about an hour left and I was praying no one was going to get hurt.  They definitely had a great time and I am glad he got to hang out with his buddies!

Sunday was a big day....we went to the Foster Wonderland and the kids did activities and got a few presents.  They got their picture taken with Santa (a very young santa!) :o).
After we left there, we visited K's mom in rehab.  He hasn't seen her in over 2 years and I didn't know how it was going to go.  He was a bit hesitant in the beginning, but then warmed up.  There's been a lot of questions and statements since, that tell me he has been thinking a lot and it is hard to know how this impacted him.  The only way I know if it was good is if he asks to go back, so time will tell.  Later that day, we had a visit from Kelly, our past respite provider and that was fun the catch up and visit with her for awhile.
This week, we went to an amazing light show.  I don't know how this person did it, but he had the Frozen movie playing on a screen and the lights were synced with the music and he had water shooting up on cue.  It was quite impressive, but I have to think with all the noise and traffic his neighbors might not be so cheery!
And last night, K had his school performance where the kids sang songs for us.  He did a great job and looked so super cute!
 Here he is with his teachers :o).

No comments: