Sunday, December 4, 2016

13!


Wow...Reggie is 13!  Thankfully, he is still the same sweet boy, who loves his Lego's, Pokemon and video games.  He has become quite the thinker and says some pretty funny things....starting to seem a lot older, but at the same time, still pretty innocent.  He had a great birthday, but asked me why he had to do anything.  I replied, "That would be nice to not do anything on your birthday...maybe I should try that!"  Too bad life doesn't stop on our birthdays.....He even had a test at school!  His dinner request was grilled cheese (like Denny's) and I think we got it pretty close!  He is the carb king.  Grandma Peggy flew in to celebrate and made him some Lemon Lush for dessert!
He has chosen some nice friends, figured out how to manage school and have time to "play".  He loves football, watching and playing in the yard with Ryan and the neighbor, but has no interest in playing on a team.  He was lucky enough to be invited by his friend David to go to the Pac 12 Championship game in Santa Clara to see my huskies whoop the Colorado Buffs (Go DAWGS!).  He loves recounting events and had to tell me his favorite play :o).
His activities are swimming, math club, reading club, piano and life group.   He has been pretty sweet in putting in prayer requests for Ainsley (wrist) and a pre-school friend who got brain cancer (who is doing great!).  I love that he is so caring and is bothered when things aren't right and knows to go to the Big Man upstairs for help.
Enjoying his storm trooper from grandma and grandpa.
 Conquering his fear of height...we went to the top on the skinny trail to the left of the big depression!  Not sure it worked as he never wants to do it again.
 At his November swim meet.  They really lucked out with the weather....mid 60's.  He has really improved his times and got first in every heat he was in.  He felt pretty good about his day!
He is growing like a weed...literally, every time I turn around, he is growing out of a different pair of pants.  He is almost 5'4" and it won't be long until he passes me!  I am going to have to weigh him, but I think he's easily over 100 now (he weighed in at 110).  I will update my findings later.
He has decided to wait on his birthday party until Rogue 1 comes out.  6 lucky boys will be joining us for the movie!

No comments: