Friday, December 23, 2016

Busy, busy

Ryan was just commenting last night that we haven't had a movie date in several months!  It's because we have had activities almost every weekend...fun activities, but this weekend was a bit much.  
I was invited to a bible study project party on Friday night where we made a Christmas painting.  It was so much fun, but they didn't do a trial project, so there was a lot of learning involved and the project took a really long time (thank goodness they did a lot of prep work by staining the boards and putting them together).  It was a very cold night, so we huddled by the fire in between working on our projects.  Mine looks really good from far away (don't look too closely) and I found a great spot on our wall.
The next day, we had the foster Christmas event.  We've never been able to attend the one put on by the Foster Parent Association, so I really wanted to go.  It was much like the other events, too many presents!  Since Reggie is a teen this year, he got gift cards which he really appreciated.  The kids sat with Santa which was good since we haven't had a picture in awhile.
From there, we went right to Ainsley's intrasquad meet.  This was a practice meet and since she has only been back doing her skills for about 2 weeks, she was only ready on floor and vault, so she competed those 2 events.  She did great for such limited practice!
She was very happy with her bun...I have improved a lot in my bun making :o).
I tried uploading her floor routine, but the file is too big.  She was 4 days late with putting her bar routine together, but here's what that looks like:

We really lucked out that the first 2 events were the ones she was competing because we left her there (her team party was afterward) and went home to get ready for Ryan's company party.  Reggie was the babysitter and it worked great.  We had a nice time at his party, but didn't eat until 9:30.  I won a tree, but the table next to us won 2 baskets and I was asking them for a trade...What am I going to do with a small tree?  The guy looked at Ryan and said, "Are you with him," and gave me the "Relaxation" basket :o).  I guess he knew I needed it more!!!
The next day was the long awaited birthday party.  Reggie's friends came over and we went to Rogue 1.  The boys seemed to like it but Ryan and Ainsley fell asleep and it wasn't my favorite.  The second half was much better...

So, the week has just continued to be busy....I had a toffee making party, the kids had school parties and we had all our usual activities, plus packing and gift wrapping.  Now we just need to clean the house and get on a plane tomorrow....YEEHAW!!!

1 comment:

Grandma Irene said...

glad you came!!!