Saturday, April 15, 2017

Dolphin Swim

After Ainsley swam with the dolphins last year, I really wanted to do it, so Ryan got that for my birthday!  He had it planned for June, but I got online and they were doing a spring break special which was $79, so we switched it to the day after Easter since the kids didn't have school.  Ainsley wanted to do it again, so that was her early birthday gift and I thought it would be a good experience for Reggie (who is not interested in trying anything new).  It was such a neat experience and really informative.  They are amazing animals and are very smart and I know Reggie had a great time and was happy he participated.  Khalif is still too short :(.
We just watched the movie "The Cove" and I'm really glad we did it before I saw that movie.  Most of the movie was focused on what Japan does every year to thousands of dolphins....so disturbing!!!!  It also touched on the captivity piece and how they're meant to swim, and swim far on a daily basis.  I guess every animal in captivity, whether its a zoo or aquarium is not it the right environment.  There are, however, a couple dolphins at Six Flags who have medical issues that would not allow them to survive in the wild, so that makes me feel a little better.





Video of Reggie's nice, calm ride
My ride was a little faster and I lost both my shoes!

No comments: