Wednesday, June 13, 2018

8th grade in the books....

We officially have a high schooler!  Moving on from middle school is a much bigger deal these days (or maybe it is a California thing).  Reggie had a special breakfast on the last day of school and that night a promotion ceremony with robes and the whole bit.  I'm so glad we go to a smaller school!  The ceremony felt small town and it was entertaining to say the least (the choir sang The Wind Beneath My Wings, by Bette Midler!).
 A bit of a pizza fiasco on the last day.  They offered it for $5, but a bunch of the boys thought that was silly to pay that much for one slice, so they decided to order pizza from Domino's and get an entire half a pizza for $5.  Somehow we got sucked into in and their poor planning made for a little stress.  Ryan called to order the pizza when he got the list from Reggie and they said no dice...too busy, so Reggie suggested Costco,,,same answer.  Good old Little Ceasars was able to accommodate, so the boys didn't go hungry!  I guess that was against the rules because one of Reggie's friends saw me and told me he asked if he could get his own pizza and they told him no.  I guess he learned his lesson that sometimes its better not to ask!  And Reggie learned a lesson that you must collect pizza money from your friends, otherwise you pay the balance.  Luckily, most of them paid.

Reggie had his best trimester yet, holding steady with 6 A's and 1 B, but as we have learned that can change quickly and the last 2 weeks of school two of the A's fell to B's.   But, I saw his effort and his desire to get good grades, so its all good.  The best part about the trimester was that he didn't get a single zero and took more initiative do some extra credit and bring his grades up.  A bit of a relief since next year the grades count.
I guess leis are the thing and thankfully, my friend Krissy clued me in and we had a little party at her house to make them.  It is quite involved and thankfully mom was in town to help me.  It went much quicker with extra hands and it took Reggie and Khalif 43 minutes to get all the money off the lei which was $40.
 I'm guessing Reggie is approaching 5' 10" and we just went through his dresser and he has only 4 pants that are long enough.  I'm going to have to start buying tall length!
He has an awesome group of friends!  I'm so glad one of the moms took some pictures because he couldn't get the robe off fast enough...we didn't even get a family picture 👎.
The other 2 on the last day of school:
 They had field day, but Khalif decided to watch Chicken Little with his new best friend, Miles.
 Ainsley and Ginger enjoyed face painting

No comments: