Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Summer Fun

This week is our only free week before we head back to Washington and we are making it count!  We went to the water slides in Antioch on Tuesday and I'm glad we went this year because Reggie would have been bored next year.  They had 3 water slides and they were pretty small, but it was nice because he was going down them by himself!  Ainsley was happy just to swim in the 2 1/2 foot pool.  She was underwater and practicing her strokes for a couple of hours!  We did get her to go down a couple of slides, but it wasn't her favorite, "they were really fast".  We all tried the lilly pad obstacle course and Reg and I completed it, but Ryan wasn't so lucky.  I still smile when I think about it!


Game Over 


 We left the water park and picked up K since he lives just a couple miles from the park.  The kids have been having so much fun playing, getting soaked in the yard with the hose, playing pretend and coloring.  This morning, I decided to take the kids to the Alameda County Fair.  It has been a couple of years since we've gone and I thought K would enjoy the animals/rides.  The kids were great and we had fun looking at the enormous model train station and I made the mistake of going into one of the buildings to get cooled off and now Ainsley wants finger nail paint pens and Reggie wants his picture on a stuffed animal!  Luckily, I had no money :o).  The hit of the day was the petting zoo.  I have never been in one quite like it....so many animals and lots of chaos.  They had the cutest pot-bellied pigs and it was good Ainsley could pet one and find out they aren't soft after all.  She has been wanting a pet pig for a few years.  K got nipped by the ducks (ducks in a petting zoo?), but he went back to pet them again :o).  The funniest animals were the deer (deer in a petting zoo?) that wanted to chew all of our clothing.  We were a bit surprised when it happened the first time and poor Reggie was trying to escape the deer that was chowing on his shirt!  I had goats coming right up and nearly licking my face when I was down on my knees taking pictures.  We couldn't stop laughing and then we watched a pig take a dump on a girls foot and that was when I got them out of there!  We washed hands in the funniest hand washing station, singing songs and talking to us.  Then we dried our hands underneath a pretend hen.  We were pushing K's nap, so we hit a few rides and then headed home!  I still laugh thinking about that crazy petting zoo......


 

No comments: