Sunday, February 1, 2009

Big man Reggie!

Yesterday we adjusted the training wheels on Reggie's bike. They are so high that they really only catch him if he is going to fall. He rode on the bike trail and to the park and was very proud that he didn't hear his training wheels. He did so good and it seemed effortless. I guess he was ready! He's been a bit obsessed with it since. We're going to go again this afternoon and I'm going to run (this might be a really good thing-I could push Ainsley in the jogger and he could ride his bike!).
Ryan took the kids to the zoo in the morning, while I ran some errands. They had a great time and got to see a big elephant unload...Ainsley thought this was very funny! There's also a small park with rides next to the zoo that they enjoyed. Ryan had to fib a bit on Ainsley's height.

We've had a bit of an unhealthy run lately. We had two weeks of the stomach bug, rotating from person to person. Ryan had it the longest, but Reggie had it the worst (we were changing sheets like crazy in the middle of the night). Ainsley only threw up once and I never got it. Must have been a man bug! We capped it off with some brutal food poisoning. Ryan got most of it out in 1/2 hour, but I was sick for about 3-4 hours :o(. It has been a long time since I've thrown up and I don't care to do it anytime soon! We're now back to colds. Reggie is complaining of an ear ache and he's never had one, so I think I'll see if I can get him some drops. It seems strange that he would get an ear infection at 5 years old when he's never had one.

My friend Sarah had her baby (Cooper!), so I had Sam and Michael one day last week. It was very busy, but they all had tons of fun. They were a bit disappointed they weren't able to do a sleepover, but I think they were all worn out from playing so hard all day. Ainsley is very excited about the baby and spent a good 1/2 hour holding him when he was 3 days old. She has a new excitement for playing at their house :o).

No comments: