Saturday, February 7, 2009

First t-ball practice and movie night

Reggie's first t-ball practice was last week and it started out like every new activity. Him sitting (actually, he was laying in the grass) and watching, refusing to participate. The coach was quick to try to get him involved and paired him up with a fellow teammate. He and Christain played catch and they both had a ball! I think he forgot I was even there. They did a circuit where he hit, caught fly balls and fielded grounders. He did amazingly well for not ever practicing. He had so much fun, he didn't notice until we got to the car that Ainsley had been picked up by Ryan! When we got in the car, he said, "I love baseball! I didn't think I was going to like it, but I do. I want to play everyday." He was very excited to tell Ryan all about it. I was commenting on how good he did at catching and hitting and he said, "yeah, I think I'm a professional!" I was cracking up :o). We are both really excited he liked it, but since then, he hasn't wanted to play with us. I think he just likes to play with other kids?
We started a new thing last weekend, movie night. We usually watch about 1/2 show per day, but I thought it would be fun to actually watch an entire movie and pop some popcorn. No surprise, it has been a huge hit. Ainsley was chanting tonight, "movie night, movie night." They alternate picking the movie, but Reggie seems to influence Ainsley a bit.

We are still sick. Both of them got pink eye, so we've been dropping their eyes 3 times a day....oh, what fun that is. We had a bit of a mix up a couple days ago because Ryan couldn't find the eye drops. He grabbed what he thought was eye drops, but was actually ear drops! They totally freaked out, but I was at a Kindergarten meeting, so Ryan didn't figure it out. The next morning, he did it again and I quickly figured out something was very wrong. Thankfully, the natural ear drops are very mild, but the pharmacist said it would probably feel like putting orange juice in your eye. Ryan felt terrible, but it was a good reminder to always check the label before using anything. Ainsley has another ear infection (that's 2 in one month) and we're trying to let her work it out on her own. She's been doing great, but we're tired of high night fevers. We'll give it a couple more days and see what happens. I just got the cold last night, so I've been laying low today-I'm glad Ryan is here!

2 comments:

Mark and Sarah said...

Movie night sounds awesome. Sorry you guys have been so sick...rough time of year, that's for sure!!

Tonya Doman said...

Good lord, I was dying laughing at the eye drop/ear drop thing. Totally sounds like something I'd do. Of course I'm only laughing because they were/are ok! :) Poor kids!