Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!!

We had a few Valentine parties this week and I'm happy to say they are over. Reggie painstakingly addressed all of his to his classmates. It took 45 minutes to do 5 (and that is no exaggeration!) and I have to say Ryan and I lost our patience a few times. We've had a very nice day today. We went for a drive and visited a huge Bass store in Manteca. The kids had a great time looking at all the animals/fish, climbing on the party boats and finding anything that looked like a toy.
We've had a crazy couple weeks, between Ryan working long hours, Reggie's baseball practice, gymnastics, Ainsley's class and all of us being sick! I had a nasty cold all week and am just starting to feel better (I even lost my voice one day, which I'm sure the kids enjoyed). Ryan has the same cold, but seems to be handling it better. Yesterday, I woke up with my eye crusted shut! So, I had to load up the kids and go to my Dr. to get a prescription. It looks like I gave it back to Ainsley, so we're starting her drops again, grrr!!!
I missed blogging a huge milestone a couple weeks ago....Ainsley moved into a big girl bed. She used to have major issues falling asleep and some nights are still a challenge, but it has been so much better since she moved into her bed. Very strange, but we'll take it! When we were setting it up, we talked about having a sleepover in Ainsley's room because her bed has a trundle. I told Reggie maybe after movie night. He, of course, reminded me after the movie last week, so they had a sleepover and it went really well. So, we now have movie and sleepover night :o)!
Reggie had 2 evenings of t-ball practice this week and Ryan spent an hour or so working with him today. They were pitching to the kids on Thursday and Reggie didn't hit a single ball. He did great when Ryan worked with him:

We tried a couple gymnastics classes this week and Reggie decided that he doesn't like anything about gymnastics except the pit, so we won't be signing him up (which is great because they cost $15/kid per class!). Ainsley, on the other hand, loved it. She doesn't do any activities, so this will be good for her.

1 comment:

Mom/Grandma Irene said...

Reggie you are a super swinger! Keep up the great work and have fun doing it!!!

Ainsley, it looks like you like baseball too, have you tried hitting the T ball yet?

Love Grandma Irene