Sunday, August 30, 2009

Big Week

Reggie started Kindergarten on Monday!!! His teacher is Mrs. Pierson and it seems like she will be a perfect fit for Reggie. He was already raising his hand during circle time and got some sort of prize for running laps. Who is this kid? His teacher volunteered at VBS this summer, so he recognized her and I think that helped. He also has a buddy from pre-school in his class, so they’ve been playing a lot together. I’ve already met several parents and one was Ainsley’s Sunday School Teacher. School is about a mile from the house, so we’ve been riding bikes :o). Ryan took off Reggie’s training wheels on Sunday, so he was a little hesitant, but now he’s great. He just needs to figure out how to start. Every Wed., he starts at 8:10, so that will be a little bit of a challenge! Ainsley will start pre-school after Labor Day, so we’ll be up and out by 9. So much for enjoying our slow mornings :o(. I guess we’ll have Monday and Friday :o). It is so interesting that I’ve been waiting for the day Reggie goes to school because then I’ll finally get a break, but now, I’m a little sad. We are losing our freedom and are going to be bound by school schedules. Not only that, but we’re losing a lot of play time, which again, I can’t believe I’m saying this, but when are we going to play??? I’m sure we’ll figure it out.
Ryan survived his softball game, but was very glad his teammates were yelling, "don't run!" over and over. He managed to hit a double, so you can just imagine how far he must have hit the ball! His team lost, so no more worries until next spring :o).

1 comment:

Boyd Family said...

I can understand feeling a little sad. I do too (see our blog) about Lachlan going back and Cohen starting next week! Yippee for Reggie doing so well though! He's definitely come out of his shell!