Friday, August 21, 2009

We have a swimmer!!!

I can’t believe it…I took the kids to the pool a couple days ago and Reggie found the deepest place he could and started to swim. He immediately went underwater, which usually results in serious freaking out, but not that day. He got right back up and was so proud that he held his breath. I think he quickly figured out that he’s much heavier without his life jacket, so he just worked a little harder. He was swimming half the length of the kiddy pool over and over. It was amazing!!! To watch the video, go to http://www.arrtwade.blogspot.com/:

Then, Ainsley decided she wanted to go down the slide in the water. I couldn’t get her to do it before we left. She went once and that was it…she kept going and going, probably 25 times. We had such a fun day at the pool :o)!
I have to share a funny little story. Reggie and I were playing motorcycles outside and I was jumping off of our porch box, trying to land upright. We did this for a good 10 minutes, so probably 20 times and then Reggie said a little prayer, “God, can you make this motorcycle land upright?” Of course I was thinking and wondering if I should tell Reggie that God isn’t super concerned about whether your motorcycle lands upright or not, but I decided to remain silent. I haven’t heard him say a prayer before, so I didn’t want to crush his hopes. Sure enough, the next jump, the motorcycle landed upright. To which Reggie said with a big smile on his face, “Hmmm, I guess my prayer worked!” God never ceases to amaze me…there’s nothing too small for him to be concerned about. It is also a good reminder that when we pray and truly believe something will happen, it will!!! If we could all be like children……

2 comments:

Mom/Grandma Irene said...

Grandma Irene loved the motorcycle story!!! God is wonderful in ALL things.

Mom/Grandma Irene said...

We're so proud of Ainsley's and Reggie's learning and achievements in new and exciting ways. Onward and upward. We heard that Reggie's bicycle training wheels are gone too!!! WOW.

Love, Grandma Irene and Grandpa Tom