Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First week back

We had a busy week unpacking, shopping and trying to get life back in order. Reggie had a golf camp every morning, so that kept us busy too. I don't think he's going to be the next tiger woods:

We visited with the Bliss family everyday because the golf course was right by there house. Reggie got his Michael fix and Ainsley and Sam actually started playing together, so that was fun to see. Sarah and I got caught up on life and that was good too :o). The kids have enjoyed their rooms, toys and the bounce house...it is always a bit like Christmas when we come home.
Reggie does a very good job of being happy where he is and understanding that grandma and grandpa and our friends there are too far away to play with, but Ainsley is having a harder time. She has asked for Grandma several times and wants to play with Maggie. I'm glad they are coming for a visit, so we can tell her they'll be here soon!

It was very, very hot and I think it felt hotter than it actually was because we didn't have a lake to swim in! My tan is already starting to fade :o(. The evenings are great because it is still 80, so being outside in the evening is very pleasant. We went to the market and had our usual snow cone and kettle corn and stocked up on fruit for the week. Ryan has discovered pluots and really enjoys them :o). We've also been eating grapes from our backyard and they are delicious!

I had my rhuematology appointment and he confirmed I have Ankylosing Spondylitis, but he was surprised that my x-rays looked so good and since I wasn't having pain that day, he really didn't do much for me. So, I might just do physical therapy on my own and see if I can see a Naturopath to give me some ideas on how to slow the process and have pain relief when things flare up. A little frustrating that you have to figure these things out for yourself...what is the point in going to the doctor these days???

1 comment:

Monique said...

I'm glad you are settling in. It is always nice to come home to our things after some time away. I love that Reggie is in golf camp. Atticus did some soccer camp. So competition already begins. :)
Enjoy your last few days of August!

Monique