Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Surprise Party!

The happy couple on May 4, 1972.

My parents had their 40th this year and we wanted to do something special for them.  Since we weren't around in May, we thought why not have a surprise party in July? Lake Cavanaugh has a nice community center that we rented and it worked out great because we could set up shop over there  before the party.  It was very hard not to talk about it, especially since we have been staying with them!  Liha and I had to talk in code, I had to keep my e-mail empty of Evite responses and I turned the kids into liars, but I think mom and dad were surprised!!!
We had a great showing of family and friends, even the Lih's from New York came :o).  We did a lunch event and then people headed to my parents for some more visiting.  
I have to say that I am very glad it is over.  With renting our house and dealing with buying a house, this just about sent me over the edge!  A big thank you to Aunt Pam, Aunt Sue, Jenisa (who made a great picture collage) and Aunt Jana!!!  






Arthur, LeeAnn and Jackie (the New York Gang) stayed for a couple days and we enjoyed all the fun lake activities (walking in the woods, playing in the water, making smores, visiting the rope swing and going down the outlet).









  

No comments: