Monday, July 9, 2012

We made it!

It was a crazy last week in Livermore, finished off by the Olympic Trials in San Jose.  It was awesome to see it live and get to know some names before the Olympics start.  The kids were bored after about an hour and wanted to go, but I made them stick it out.  They had a bunch of past Olympians there and that was fun to see Mary Lou, Kerri Strug, Shawn Johnson and Shannon Miller.  Can't wait until the end of July!

We got home late, but everything was packed and ready to go.  I woke up at 4:45 and just decided to start loading the last things in the car and finishing up around the house.  We left at 5:55 and Ainsley wasn't feeling good right off the bat.  She finally ate some strawberries, but as we were going over the pass, she made a wimpering noise and I turned around to see her face as white as a ghost :o(.  No warning, out the strawberries came.  I caught most of her puke in my hand and we pulled over to clean everything up.  Other than that and a couple traffic jams, we made great time.  14 1/2 hours.  I think we could have done it in under 14 if we hadn't had those issues.  Maybe on the way home....
We didn't tell grandma we were coming because she gets a bit stressed out, so when we arrived the kids opened the door and just walked in and grandma looked very confused :o).  Everyone was very happy and we were even more happy to be out of the car!
We spent the next few days hanging out and relaxing, catching up on some much needed sleep and watching the cousins play.  The weather was terrible, but the kids went out and were swimming in the water anyways, NUTS!  We went down on the 4th of July to do the Sedro-Woolley fun run.  The kids and Ryan ran the 2 mile and I ran the 5.  I ran into my  college friend, Jill (no pun intended!) and we had a nice time catching up :o).  You never know who you are going to run into in the Valley.  The weather was sunny on the 4th...mark it on the calendar.  The evening was very chilly, but we enjoyed everyone else's fireworks on the party boat.  This was the first year we didn't have a party and it was really enjoyable.



Since then, the weather has been fabulous and we've been playing on the beach and in the water (I even went swimming yesterday!).  Grandma's been busy with water fights and canoe rides, Ryan and Reggie went on the tube and I've been taking the kids on the paddle board.  They are dead tired by the end of the day :o).
 Getting poor grandpa
 Otter pop break :o)
 Rough life....



Today I had CPR training and then I met mom and we took Ainsley to Dimensions of Gymnastics for open gym.  My old coach was there, but we didn't get a chance to say hi.  Maybe we'll go again this summer :o).
 Mom had her cowboy boots out for some reason and Ainsley begged me to put them on.  They no longer fit grandma, so Ainsley wants me to take them home.  Please mom....



We had a little excitement this evening when we heard a strange wrestling noise in the kitchen.  We looked over and it was a big bird trying to fly out the window.  Thank you Maui cat, but we didn't really need such a beautiful bird in the house.  It was totally freaked out and dad caught it in his hands and then released it in the yard.  He looked like a professional bird keeper.  As Ryan put it, "I've seen it all now!"  

No comments: