Saturday, March 1, 2014

Art and organization

We have a bunch of artists in this house!  I don't know where they get it, but they all are good at it and love to draw/color.  Maybe it is because Reggie does it so often and the other 2 participate with him.  Very recently, even K has started drawing things and taping his artwork to the wall.
Last Friday, the kids had an art assembly, followed by family drawing night in the evening.  Reggie had scouts, but chose to skip it to go to art night.  They drew 3 different sketches and then the artist did a raffle of 6 drawings and Reggie was the very last winner and was so super excited!  they have been drawing the same drawings all week on their new nicely organized table.

I finally got the organization bug after a year and a half of living here (maybe it took me that long to recover from moving).  The laundry room has been driving me nuts because it hasn't been very functional and my initial ideas to make it functional didn't work.  I guess with my children if it has a door or drawer, nothing will land in the right spot.  Thank goodness for wire cube cubbies!
My small laundry room project turned into quite the overhaul.  I absolutely love it now, but Ryan was less than thrilled to help me with my project.  The nice thing is that his old office is completely cleaned, the art area and photo books are all in one spot and the laundry room is wide open!  I still have to get a couple cabinets and then I'll be satisfied, but now I'm motivated to work on the garage and other non-functioning parts of the house.  
It doesn't look that exciting, but it is a big improvement :o).

No comments: