Monday, March 17, 2014

Swim meet

We got up at 5:30 AM last Saturday to volunteer at Reggie's swim meet. When the home team hosts all parents are expected to participate. Ryan was one of the meet marshals (Responsible for keeping the kids in line) and I was check-in and lead timer.

It was a pentathlon meet so all the kids participated in five events. It was great because the meet was quick and it kept Reggie busy. He got a B time in his 50 freestyle and 100 IM-that is really great for him! I'm not exactly sure what a "b" time means but I know it is good. He has improved so much the last couple months and it has been super fun to watch. If he gets his initial start dive better and his exchanges at the wall, he will be right up there with the top kids :).

I ended up doing a few more jobs… Hospitality… Snack shack. It was really fun and although it was a long day, we all felt accomplished. Head timer was a bit tricky. I had to use two stopwatches when they started the race and if another parents failed with their stopwatch I had to hand one off and then find the fastest swimmer and stop my time when they hit the wall! I ended up with exact times four times and sort of became a little competition :). One of the parents said he's timed at a lot of meets and never had the exact time of a head timer. Who knew I had this hidden talent??!! Too bad it isn't worth anything!

No comments: