Thursday, July 7, 2016

Birch Bay

I booked a night at our timeshare in Birch Bay for Liha, myself and all the kids and it was an adventure for sure.  We got there a bit early and our room wasn't ready, but I checked in anyway.  It was awkward to say the least since we had an extra child (room capacity was 6) and Reggie pointed that out and then Ainsley as well as I was checking in.  My sister had not arrived yet with Khalif and Spencer, but she had to know what we were doing based on the confusion the kids were having.  Ainsley called me a liar and sinner, of which I am both.  I do have to say that in general hotels/cruises/food packages are very unaccommodating for families of 5.  Everything is made for 4 :o(.  Anyway, enough of that rant.  All the kids went swimming, except Reggie, so I stayed with him and recovered from my embarrassment.  I didn't feel so bad after we waited and waited and they were an hour late in getting our room ready.
The next day we woke up and it was beautiful sun, but the clouds rolled in quickly.  Not much fun for the water slides, so we finally decided to rent an 8 person bike and tootle around a bit.  It was actually a bit of a work-out and we warmed up quickly.  Liha developed a blister from the seat, so the kids took over and were troopers.  We found a candy/cookie store and got some dessert for after lunch.  By the time we got back it was starting to get really warm and burn off.
 Picture courtesy of Spencer
Spencer snapping a selfie...I photobombed!
Since we already had tickets to the water slides, we decided to go for it, knowing it would be a bit chilly, but hoping the lines would be less.  We lucked out...the sun fully came out and although it was breezy and cold, we managed.  There was hardly anyone there, so we went up and down several times on each slide.  The kids had a blast and I had a great time too.  I think my favorite was the black slide that was completely dark, but really warm or the intertube ride.  Liha loved that she ended up with a kid-size inner tube, but didn't know it until she was on her way down.  She asked the guy what would happen and he said she would fall off when she hit the pools and that she did!  Ainsley said it was really funny to watch her, but I'm not so sure she agreed.  We sat in the hot tub a couple times and everyone was ready to go after a few hours.
 Khalif rockin the big slide


No comments: