Thursday, July 7, 2016

Rainy day activities

Grandma Pam came up to the lake for a visit to wish dad a happy birthday.  Happy 72nd Birthday Dad (yesterday)!  I am glad 72 isn't what it used to be....he's still as busy as can be.
Aunt Pam brought leftover fabric pieces from quilting and the kids were on it, making lists of all the things they wanted to make.  Poor mom got sucked into a project and it took a bit of work to find all of her sewing stuff.  It turned out to be really fun for the kids and for Aunt Pam and mom who both love that stuff.  
Here's Reggie sewing for the first time.  They worked on different projects today and Khalif will do his project tomorrow....doesn't appear that the rain will go away anytime soon.
 The twins came over to visit

We've also spent a little time doing hair....
I have been trying to have the kids do some chores and school during the break.  They've been picking raspberries everyday, unless it is raining and working on their lists which I brought with me (it is a whiteboard with what they need to complete in order to get their chore money).  It is so nice to have fresh fruit right out in the yard!  We've also been reading and typing (Khalif writing) during the week and it is going pretty well.  We have to have a little structure!  The kids are picking up typing pretty quickly and I'm hoping by the end of the summer we can race.  I tested online to see where I am at and I did 85 words with no mistakes...not too bad!
Rain or shine, we've been doing quite a few bear hunts.  So far, no luck, but we have found droppings and tracks and have smelled them.  Grandma took us to the area where there was a confirmed den last year, but we didn't see any.  The quail did scare us half to death though.  We were all on alert after that.

Even though we haven't seen a bear yet, Ainsley did find a spotted owl.  We were so close to it and it was the most amazing thing to look at.  Not sure why it was out and about at 4 o'clock, but we were blessed by God's creation.  I find myself looking up a lot more to see if we might find another one.  Unfortunately, we were on a bike ride and I didn't have my phone, so no picture.

No comments: