Wednesday, July 6, 2016

It is finished!

It was confirmed yesterday by Khalif's attorney that the appeal is finished and there's no chance for another appeal!  Finally, the timeline went our way...it was supposed to take another year.  The timing was super awesome because about a month and a half ago, we had a discussion about why the adoption was taking so long.  I was honest and told him that Jonathan was the reason and I never expected the response I got.  It sent him into a spin.  He couldn't understand why he would do that and was asking if I would talk to him.  I explained that I had already done that several times and he was so frustrated and angry.  He kept saying, "Doesn't he know how much I want to be adopted?"  It wasn't good.  We talked through the entire process and he had a lot of questions I couldn't answer, like, "Can the court move us up?", "Can Jonathan take back what he's done?", "Can the judge make him stop?", "What happens if he wins the appeal?"  Poor kid was thinking about this day and night.  He brought it up to me the following night and we talked through it again and then he told Ryan the next night that he couldn't stop thinking about it, he would do something for awhile and then he would start thinking about it again.  I finally had him write a letter to get it out and that seemed to help.  The beautiful thing is that he started praying every night for the adoption to move quicker and boom, 3 weeks later we got the news.  I told him that God heard his prayers and he answered them in a big way!
If all goes well, everything could be done by the end of the year and he'll be part of our crazy family :o).

No comments: