Thursday, June 18, 2009

Back and neck pain

Well, my back pain has been pretty consistent now for the past few months and I finally decided I should see a doctor. She took some x-rays and called a couple days later to make an appt. to go over the results….never a good sign. I actually felt good when I went to see her the first time, but when I went back my neck was really bothering me, so she decided to do some x-rays of that too. Turns out my lower back has some sort of Arthritis and my upper back/neck was also a mess (lots of medical mumbo jumbo). I had to call to get some clarification, but essentially the two are linked which most likely means I have Ankylosing Spondylitis. I’ll see a Rheumatologist in about a month and a half, so that should shed some light on treatment options. We always knew this was a possibility with my eye flare ups and my positive HLB-27 gene, but for the past five years, I just didn’t get it together to take care of myself. Hopefully, not too much damage has been done and Ryan won't have to wheel me around in a wheelchair! Although it is not good news, at least my issues will have a name.

2 comments:

Tonya Doman said...

Geez Trina! I'm glad that you went to the dr. and will get some treatment options.....back pain is NEVER fun! Take car

Boyd Family said...

Okay...don't really know what any of it means but it doesn't sound good. I will have to get clarification when I see you again. In the meantime, feel better and take care of yourself...it's easy for us Mommies to get to busy to care for our own health!