Friday, June 26, 2009

Hmmm…..Camping

That was a lot of work for one night. I’d say that next time we should make it worth all the work and stay longer, but I think the only one on board would be Reggie. Ainsley was asking to go home before dinner (we didn’t even get there until 3!) and Ryan was probably ready then too! I’d forgotten how dirty camping is. Ainsley was filthy after the first 10 minutes and we were trying to figure out what happened to her. There’s just so much dust :o(. We had an awesome dinner and of course, the kids enjoyed smores! The weather was great, not too hot, not too cold (except it was in the 40’s at night). We were nice and cozy in our tent and everyone slept pretty good :o). My back was acting up in the middle of the night, so I got up to get some medicine and took a walk to the bathroom. It was a beautiful night and lots of stars were out…reminded me that I need to stop and look around more often and just enjoy my surroundings. We get so consumed with getting from here to there and I know I miss out on a lot of enjoyment, so although it was a long, gimpy walk to the bathroom, it was good :o). The Bliss boys woke up at sunrise (5:45) and thankfully our kiddos slept until 6:45. It was surprising that they slept because I could hear everything that was going on outside our tent. We had a nice father’s day breakfast, chocolate chip pancakes, eggs and fruit :o). I think both Dads were ready to take a nap by 9 o’clock! Ryan took a snooze for a few hours later in the day, so he did have a nice Father’s day. We went to Sweet Tomatoes for dinner, so he was in heaven :o).
Reggie's first squirt gun....that was a big hit!Happy Father's Day!!! What makes Ryan such a great dad:
He plays with the kids-take-out is a favorite
He gives them all of his attention
Even though he's tired at the end of the day, he gives them 110% when he gets home
He tell them crazy stories at bedtime
He jumps in when I’m out of gas
He gives them baths and brushes their teeth
His face lights up when he comes home and is greeted by them
He loves to please them
He works so hard to provide for them
He wants to give them the best of everything
He loves to hear about their day
He makes them laugh a lot :o)

No comments: