Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Last week

Ainsley’s preschool was doing VBS again this year and I took advantage. Both the kids went from 9-12 everyday and it was great. I was able to get caught up on some stuff, swim at the pool and go to the doctor without having to figure out what to do with the kids. I’ve been having some abdominal issues and a CT scan showed that I have multiple fibroid tumors in my uterus and a relatively large cyst on my ovary. On Friday I had a colonoscopy which showed that I have a loopy colon. (Ryans comments) – Before Trina moves on from this subject I figured I would give all of you reading this a little taste of what happened that day of the colonoscopy. I had the kids of course and was running back to the house after their last day of bible school and got a call from the clinic telling me that Trina was ready to be picked up. So we rushed to get Mommy and after waiting 20 minutes in the waiting room we were called back to the recovery room. I will tell you right now that she wasn’t ready to be picked up. I have never seen someone in such bad shape after being put to sleep or at least under the influence of drugs. As we were sitting there, her eyes would roll into the back of her head. The nurse, bless her heart was very positive about the whole thing but I felt that there was something that was just off. She would wake up for a few minutes and then out again. Reggie was ready to go because he saw his Mommy the Zombie.. Not to mention that there was an old guy that just got wheeled into the recovery room that was snoring like a beast. After waiting there for another 20 minutes we finally attempted to head out the back door with Trina in the wheel chair. We got her out in the middle of the parking lot and suddenly the wheel chair stopped. The nurse called me over as I was holding the car door and said “hurry stay with her, I’m going to go get a barf bag. Right in the nick of time she gave Trina the bag and she began to throw up in it over and over again. Finally after a couple dry heaves we got her in the car. I had to hold her head up as she looked retarded as she was bobbing back and fourth going in and out of sleep. Half way home she begins to throw up some more and she didn’t have the bag in the right place. So now I’m holding her head, the bag and driving with 2 kids in the back of the car. Don’t tell me how I did it but God is good. Finally got home and drug her into the house barely getting her into the bedroom where she collapsed onto the bed out cold. 3 hrs later she awoke and was hungry. So after eating a piece of toast she started to come back to life and then 2 hours later life was good. Back to Trina…I have to say, I don’t remember much, except trying to communicate and throwing up a bit, but when I came to, I felt great. Nice and skinny (I think it was almost 2 whole days that I went without eating), well rested…the sleep where you are so comfortable, so no complaints on my end :o). I have to say the kids were beaming when I awoke and was back to normal. Reggie kept saying how happy he was that I was awake.
So back to all my results, nothing serious, but just annoying and I’ll have to go to the GYN to figure out what to do about my fibroids. I also met with an Endocrinologist because I had a very strange reaction to Progesterone cream a couple months ago (high blood pressure/pulse, weight loss and nausea). I only used the cream for 3 days and then it took a couple weeks to get back to normal. My reaction remains a mystery, but she recommended going back on the pill to solve some of my pain issues. Praise God, I’ve had the best few weeks in several months. I think my body had some kind of hormone change and it has been good :o). She said to wait until my pain returns (if it does!) and then try the pill.
Boy, this is all over the place…back to VBS; the kids had a great time. They made a costume, so Reggie was loving it, which is good because it didn’t go over very well last year. Ainsley was just happy to be back at school :o).

No comments: